Activating InduSoft Web Studio Development Consignment licensing for SI & OEM Use
Current AVEVA Partners (OEMs or System Integrators) with Consignment Licenses and an active support agreement for AVEVA Edge development are eligible also for consignment licenses to InduSoft Web Studio (IWS) development. The consignment must be purchased (renewed) on a yearly basis, so the licenses can be re-issued (renewed).
Notice that AVEVA Edge will be the continuing brand name and version for InduSoft Web Studio going forward. Any version newer than 2020R2 is available only under the AVEVA Edge brand name (not under the InduSoft Web Studio brand name). Moreover, any projects previously created in InduSoft Web Studio versions are automatically supported by newer versions of AVEVA Edge. However, projects created in AVEVA Edge are NOT supported in InduSoft Web Studio.
If you are attempting to activate AVEVA EDGE branded software (not IWS), please follow the instructions found in ISS Tech Note 112 instead.
Consignment Licenses are “Development Only” licenses. Runtime licenses must be purchased separately and CANNOT be requested using this Tech Note.
- Development Studio Consignment
- Advanced Development Studio Consignment
- InTouch Dev Subscription 3K Consignment
BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED AND CONFIRMED as either an “OEM” or “System Integrator” user with AVEVA thru the technical support website: https://om.AVEVA.com/softwarewebID/
- Install InduSoft Web Studio on the development computer running a supported version of Windows Destkop/Server (e.g.: Windows 10)
- Close InduSoft Web Studio (make sure that the process “Studio Manager.exe” is not running)
- Run the “Register” module (Windows button > “Register”)
- Select “Softkey > Check > Change License”
- Select a Network Adapter that most likely will not be removed and does not have a dynamic MAC Address (avoid VPN and virtual adapters).
- Copy the “Site Code”.
- Send an email to [email protected], including the following information:
- Subject: AVEVA Edge/IWS Consignment License Request
- Partner company name: <provide your account name>
- Partner name: <provide name and email address of the contact registered at the AVEVA Support website >
- Site Code: Copied from IWS in the previous step
- If the requested information is verified by AVEVA’s team, then a license Site Key is sent back to the requester.
- Copy/paste or type the code from AVEVA’s reply email into the “Site Key” field and then click “Authorize”.
- Once accepted, a confirmation message is displayed (“Site Key Accepted”) and the new license settings are saved on the computer. You may now begin using Indusoft Web Studio.
- If the new “Site Key” is not validated, an error message is displayed. If this happens, double-check that you have entered the “Site Key” correctly. If you still get an error message, visit the technical support page to contact our technical support department.
The consignment licenses for IWS are temporary Softkey licenses, which expire when the current consignment agreement expires (up to one year). When/if the consignment license agreement is renewed by the partner, they can activate the consignment license again.
All Industrial Software Solutions Tech Notes are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.