Tech Note 66: How to install Wonderware ActiveFactory IndustrialWorkbook and Report add-ins for Microsoft Office for all local users
- All Wonderware ActiveFactory 9.x Clients
- Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007
Word does not automatically install for all users.
There are two methods to fix the issue:
- Installing the Add-In manually for each user, or
- Making the contents of Microsoft Office Recent folder of the user for whom the ActiveFactory Client has been installed available to all users
This tech note provides steps for both methods.
Part I – How to manually install Wonderware ActiveFactory Add-In for each user
Microsoft Excel 2003
1. Open Microsoft Excel and go to Tools Menu -> Add-Ins…
2. Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Archestra folder. Select HistClient.xla file.
3. The ActiveFactory Add-In should now be selected in the list and after clicking the OK button the ActiveFactory Toolbar should now be available to the current user.
Microsoft Word 2003
4. Open Microsoft Word and go to Tools Menu -> Templates and Add-Ins
5. Click the Add button and browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Archestra folder. Select HistClient.dot file.
6. The ActiveFactory Add-In should now be selected in the list and after clicking the OK button the ActiveFactory Toolbar should now be available to the current user.
Part II – How to automatically add Wonderware ActiveFactory Add-In for all local users
7. Open Windows Explorer and browser to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Office folder (Note: Replace Administrator with the name of the user account that the ActiveFactory client was installed for).
8. Copy the Recent folder contained within this directory (this folder contains the shortcuts the Microsoft Office will need to add the ActiveFactory Add-Ins to all other users that log onto the machine).
9. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office in Windows Explorer and paste the copied Recent folder from the previous step in this folder.
The ActiveFactory Add-Ins should now be available to all users that log onto this machine.
Created by Chris Keeley and Jason Wagner
All Wonderware PacWest Tech Notes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
Version 1.0 released June 24, 2008